Goals & Actions of the EAEPC
The primary goal of the EAEPC is to enable, safeguard and foster parallel distribution in branded medicinal products. The association is committed to free trade within the EEA, competition in the European Single Market and to the completion of a functioning EU internal market.
To achieve its goals and support its members’ business, the EAEPC undertakes the following actions:
- Analysing activities and initiatives in the area of pharmaceutical parallel distribution
- Offering a platform for members to network, gather knowledge and share expertise
- Carrying out scientific studies and analyses of our member’s activities to bring the industry together under specific commitments and joint actions to improve their competitiveness
- Encouraging members to promote and co-operate in the development of parallel distribution as a means of completing the EU single market and providing innovative medicines to all Europeans at affordable prices
- Co-operating with other associations that have similar or interrelated interests
- Ensuring the acceptance of the Added Value provided by parallel distribution
- Promoting the application of the EAEPC Guidelines on Good Parallel Distribution Practices (Code of Operational Conduct) by its Members and other operators within the parallel distribution industry
- Monitoring relevant policy initiatives at EU and international level, contributing with technical information, representing the industry vis-à-vis third parties and assisting in implementing legislation.
The EAEPC stands for the visibility of the industry and acts on emerging issues, making the EAEPC a valuable source of expertise and constructive counterpart for government institutions and health care payers at the European and national level.